[CIAM-F6-Working_Group] Re: Mons, Belgium AeroMusicals contest

  • From: Guy Revel <guyrevel@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ciam-f6-wg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 21:49:07 +0100

Dear all,

Had another look at the WArtGames schedule.
The recent information means that the three place winners will have an extra 4 days in China for tourism at the organiser's expense, not counting the closing ceremony/show day.
Worth practicing a little bit more to secure a place on the podium, not ? ;-)

Regards,

Guy R.
PS: The two sports sharing the same hall, as you know, are artistic roller skating and artistic cycling. I recently found a newspaper clip about artistic roller skating that could well apply to our sport :
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/10/20/welcome-to-the-wild-world-of-artistic-roller-skating/
As the basic idea of multi-sport events such as the WArtGames is to promote sports that do not belefit from the usual Media spotlights, we have now a mean to make our sport better known from our governments/authorities. It will not be a cure for everything, but a strong mean to show your local authorities.employers/etc. that you are involved in a sport worth of some recognition and support.

At 18:36 10/12/2011, you wrote:
Dear all,

For those who may consider flying there for a place among the top 15 European pilots (not counting the WAG medal winners) going to the World Artistic Games in China, I'm being told that the registration deadline will be January 2nd, as required by the hall owner. Don't miss the opportunity to represent your country and the FAI at the huge event in China. I have been told that the whole affair involves over 800 competitors & officials, this is something you will not want to miss. I believe the WArtGames will be on a 4-year cycle.

Mike O'Reilly, I definitely need now to communicate with Chris Brislin. He will represent both Australia and the Oceania continent. His email address will be welcome. Of course I know there is freestyle activity in New Zealand, but I have no information on the indoor facet of the sport. Do you have any ?

I append again the draft event schedule, now we know it spans from November 18, 2012 to November 25. As said, the 3 medal winners will be required to stay in China for the closing ceremony show where they will be ask to perform. As the travel and stay is paid by the organisers, shifting the return flight schedule will be no problem, obviously.

Regards,

Guy R.