[chickennugget] Sending tweets with long urls a problem

  • From: "Dale Reardon" <dale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chickennugget@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 16:40:54 +1100

Hi,

I just tried to send a tweet with a very long url as pointing to a sub page
of a site and Chicken Nugget told me I was well over 140 characters. I
couldn't see how to fix it so enabled the long tweet but this is not a good
solution really possibly.

Is there a way to get Chicken Nugget to shorten the url using an url
shortening service so that people get to see the whole tweet without having
to follow a  link to a web page to read the rest of the tweet?

I hate to mention it again but the Cube has an url shortening button - is
there something similar with Nugget that I just haven't found.

Also if this feature is added then it needs to shorten the url while you are
creating the tweet so you can see how many characters you really have left
to type.

Thanks for the great product.

Dale.

Dale Reardon

Phone:  03 6286 7105  Mobile: 0420 277 457

Follow me on  <http://www.twitter.com/dalereardon> Twitter and
<http://www.facebook.com/dale.reardon> Facebook

 <http://www.dalereardon.com.au/> My blog covering discrimination law,
Disability Issues  and higher education

For information on moving to Tasmania see our
<http://www.movetotasmania.com.au/> Living in Tasmania blog

-----
No virus found in this message.