[che499_design] Syscad Simulation

  • From: Matthew Witham <matthew.witham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "che499_design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <che499_design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 10:02:08 +0000

Behold,

A working simulation of the Becher process. It is not very intuative so I have
to do some work on adding control so there is lack of excess of stuff like
sulphuric acid but I have to go to work. But alas, I have got it going from
ilmenite and coming out as synthetic rutile. One other thing I need to add the
waste management system but that should be fairly simple. Simon, if you are
coming in Sunday, text me and let me know what time, i may be able to swing by
around hockey and i'll give you a hand fixing it all up. If not we will all
sort it out on Tuesday after our meeting and before the lecture.

I have also attached the synthetic rutile documents that we have adapted our
process from.

Cheers, Matt