[che499_design] Choices

  • From: Jake O'grady <jake.ogrady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Che499_Design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Che499_Design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 04:14:17 +0000

Hey guys,

From the meeting today our choice of sponge production from synthetic rutile
comes down to electrolytic and its variants vs. Kroll and it's variants. In
short it doesn't look like Kroll will be very profitable and will be vulnerable
to market changes, but electrolytic won't have enough data as it's a new
process.

So Phil, you've been allocated to come with me tomorrow to the Hatch meeting as
the expert on the Kroll process, so read up, and let me know if you can't make
it for some reason. If your coming to the SciFinder thing tomorrow morning I'll
see you there and we can car pool to Northbridge. I'll be reading the stuff
Simon gave me on the electrolytic process so we can ask Brian for advice and
make the decision on Thursday.

The rest of you guys are to look at the ore to synthetic rutile process (as
well as anything else that can be done without deciding on a metal process) for
which I will attach the Min Proc report from last year as a starting point.
Actually looking at it now I only have an incomplete copy but its still a good
read, Matt you should have the full version. I also have a bunch of the
references we used so if anyone wants a look at them let me know and I'll send
em through.

Good luck,

Jake