[che499_design] Capital Costing

  • From: Matthew Witham <matthew.witham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "che499_design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <che499_design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 08:36:49 +0000

Hey All

All the units are priced up for our plant except for the distillation column in
the chlorination process, which we will try and sort out on tuesday. I have
started to write up a document for the memo as well. It has some rough stuff in
there that needs to be jazzed up, but if any of you are desperate to use a
number for the other calcs, use the second cost, the $300 millionish one. The
only problem with that is it doesn't have the pigment plant price in it. Now I
have been finding it like trying to fit a square block through a round hole in
getting capital costing on pigment plants to get our full capital cost
estimation so if anybody could help me out that would be great. So if you can
do what i couldn't do and find any historical prices of plants that go from
synthetic rutile to pigment that would be sweet. If not i'll brainstorm with
you guys a solution, possibly just working out rough sizes of units may be the
way to go. I'll be in the labs on tuesday putting in the hard yards trying to
get this finished off so i'll see you all in there. Give us a buzz if you have
any problems.

Cheers, Matt