[che499_design] 7 week plan

  • From: Simon McKenna <mckenna_simon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <che499_design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 19:56:23 +0800

Sorry I accidentally sent that last email prematurely

Hey Guys

This is the seven week plan we developed at the last meeting.

Week 1:
- Process option reviews - inputs and outputs, costs and sales prices, include
a rough economic overview
- Summarise any information source you may find for presentation to the group
- Review computational software (Jake - Hysys and Simon K - ProMax)

Week 2:
- Site Selection (Jake you were nominated for this due to local knowledge)
- Process selection based on Week 1 research results
- Unit operation review - look at the number and type of equipment required
- Begin Computer model
- Basic plant layout
- Finalise company name and logo

Week 3:
- Finalise plant layout
- Write objective
- Write background
- Write any other memo requirements
- Continue to develop computer model

Week 4:
- Finalise computer model

- EIA (Matthew volunteered for this role)

- Inital hazard and safethy review

- Material selection (confirm with Gordon)

Week Free:
- Process flow diagrams

- Stream tables

- Specifications on plant utilities (LP, MP, HP steam and water)

- Prelimary equipment schedule

- Piping specifications and sizes

Week 5:
- Memo 2 writing and completition

- Catch up on any information missed from previous weeks

- Costing of raw materials

- Economic scenario analysis

- Capital and operating costs analysis

Week 6:
- Continuation from week 5

- Memo writing and completion

Week 7:
- Presentation development

- Arguments over minor and major allocations