[chapter-communicator] Audubon Ad Hoc Chapter Committee Preliminary Report and Draft Recommendations

  • From: "TENNEFOSS, Lynn" <ltennefoss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nas-chapter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <audubon-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <chapter-communicator@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <audubon-newswire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:28:05 -0400

September 23, 2004

TO: Chapters, State Boards, State Offices
FROM:  Bill McQuilkin, Chair
SUBJECT: Audubon Ad Hoc Chapter Committee

                   Preliminary Report and Draft Recommendations

The National Audubon Society Ad Hoc Chapter Committee has been working on
Chapter-NAS Partnership issues for over a year, and we are now sharing with you
our draft recommendations for strengthening this partnership.  Our preliminary
report, including draft recommendations and appendices, is now available for
your review on the Web at http://www.audubon.org/local/cso/adhoccom/.  In
addition, we will mail a hard copy early next week to all Chapter Presidents
and Vice Presidents. You are strongly encouraged to share these materials with
other Chapter leaders who have an interest in the recommendations.

Over the next several months, we will be making extensive efforts to contact
all Chapters, State Boards, and State Offices to get further feedback and open
a constructive dialogue around these draft materials.  Your careful
consideration of these new ideas and partnering approaches will help make this
process successful for all of us.

The comment and discussion period will run from now through November and end on
December 1.  During December, the Committee will integrate the Chapter and
staff feedback into the final report and then present the final recommendations
to the NAS Board of Directors for approval at the January, 2005 Board meeting
in Naples, FL.

How to Contact Us:  There are two "800" numbers to call for questions and
information:
1) Lynn Tennefoss, NAS Chapter Services, Sacramento, CA 800-542-2748
2) Kristen Berry, NAS Public Policy, Washington, DC             866-680-9041

Website Address:  www.audubon.org/local/cso/adhoccom
<http://www.audubon.org/local/cso/adhoccom>/.  This site contains the Committee
Report, with transmittal letter, recommendations and appendices, plus the Power
Point Presentation used in Chapter meetings, Event Calendar, and Committee
contact list.

How to Comment:  Please send your written or email comments to any of the
following:
1) Regional Directors, National Audubon Board of Directors (listed at
<http://www.audubon.org/nas/board/regional/index.html>),
2) Ad Hoc Chapter Committee Members (listed in Appendix VII), or
3) Lynn Tennefoss, National Audubon Society, 711 University Avenue, Sacramento,
CA 95825; ltennefoss@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ltennefoss@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Fax:
916-649-7667; Tel: (800) 542-2748.

The story of Audubon for over a century is the story of people engaged in
community action, education and advocacy, and grassroots conservation.  Our
purpose, now, is to build on and strengthen this vital Audubon network so we
can collectively accomplish our conservation goals.  Your participation and
contributions in this important task are most appreciated.  Thanks!

You are subscribed to Chapter-Communicator. To unsubscribe, send email to
chapter-communicator-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
//www.freelists.org/list/chapter-communicator.