[chaoscope] Re: zoom????

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 12:34:07 +0100

Hi Andy,

and welcome aboard. :-)

One thing, which has really made the program unusable for high resolution output.....

Zoom feature.

It would be one of the best tools for abstract creation i have ever used, but it is so tedious to go in and out of projects to get a high resolution output, it has made it unusable for professional work. (i know its free!!!)

If the preview fits the window, but outputs high resolution images, i would be like a dog with two tales (at least!)

Is there a plan to "fix" this????

Yes, version 0.3 will let you zoom the view in and out. I invite you to read the following posts about planned features :

//www.freelists.org/archives/chaoscope/06-2004/msg00001.html

//www.freelists.org/archives/chaoscope/07-2004/msg00029.html

If not, is there another work around?

Scaling down the attractor in the upper-left corner of the view and rotate it around until you are satisfied with the view angle, press F6 then render.

I would gladly pay for this program, if the bugs were worked out.

It will remain free and become open-source once 1.0 is released, however I guess this could evolved in a "free for non-commercial use" type of contract, if Chaoscope happens to be popular amongst design shops. The price would be a small fraction of one of a professional graphic package, I'd say.

Nicolas Desprez