[chaoscope] Re: output

  • From: "Jim Hauser" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 20:23:07 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: chaoscope-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chaoscope-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of John Meade
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:35 AM
To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [chaoscope] Re: output

Aloha Sven!
Howdy Nick... Axone!!

Didn't I just ask this very same question myself? Ok,Ok,  it was a couple
years ago.  And so Sven!! ... welcome to the world of strange attractors!

Now.

Nick's work is so solid and so amazing  and he is so good at what he does --
it's worth the wait (and the weight, wooo... heavy, very heavy).  When he
does get to the point of being able to produce "Pointclouds, meshes,
polygons," or blah,blah,blah, yadda,yadda,doodah...meaning whatever resin
prototyping machines accept as input by then -- this work he's done will
revolutionize  design and architecture as the human race now understands it
(I know what that word "revolutionize" means. I don't use it lightly.).  But
I also know ( all too well) you can't push genius.  In the meantime (and if
you program) check out Julien Sprott's efforts.
http://ccrma-www.stanford.edu/~stilti/images/chaotic_attractors/poly.html

Also.  Once you get to Sprott's homepage, you'll see references to this guy
named Pickover.  Check him out too. Just don't bother with that latest book
about Einstein and Sex and Drugs.  It's too much like the truth. And the
only thing accepting the truth (and standing up for it) gets you these days
is a prison term. (Hi! My name is Galileo Galilei! ...what's yours?).

[ Whad'ya think gang? Should we warn him his mind is about to be blown???
(after all, "A mind blown is a mind shown") ??? Naaah... it's more fun that
way.]

Now. if only there was some way to get some of those filthy rich
designers/architects to set Nick up with a Chaoscope R&D Institute... he
could "play" for a living.  And the rest of us dirt poor geniuses could
build empires and go on to be the idealistic billionaires we were meant to
be.

John.

Of all the medals and badges i've won ( a few, the hard way) the most
precious ones I have are the J&J surgical tape wrapped on the bridge of my
spectacles (the ones with the paperclips in hinges from the time I got the
shit (literally) kicked out me by the jocks) and my plain, white, no logo,
pencil holding, plastic pocket protector.  And my Father's K&E slide rule
(complete with it's leather scabbard)..

Slide Rules Rule!

http://www.antiquark.com/sliderule/sim/n3t/virtual-n3-t.html

PS
Check out Jim Hauser's work in the alt.binaries.fractal-art newsgroup -- if
you can't get to that try alt.binaries.pictures.fractals. (No doubt you've
seen some of his work in the Chaoscope galleries... but oh baby... you
should see what he's doing now...)

Sven Neumann wrote:

dear all,

a few days ago i came across your the chaoscope website and i started

playing around with the software a bit.

the results you can achieve with chaoscope are truely amazing.

I have to admit, I haven't dealt with fractal software too much before,

often times they seemed to be a bit too clumsy and the images were a bit too

"mandelbrot" for my taste

but the fun stuff that you get with chaoscope chains me to my desk for

hours... the program seems really well done. It runs very smoothly

[which wasn't the case with my former experiences.] and the results of the

solid render option are awesome.

As a designer/architect I wish I could just take the results and 3D

print/rapid prototype each and every single one of them.

And here comes the question i'd like to ask: Is there actually a way to

export those structures out as 3D data?

Pointclouds, meshes, polygons, it doesn't really matter...

i would highly appreciate if there is a way or a work around to get these

formations into the real world...

thanks to everybody who contributes to making this software possible,

best regards,

sven