[chaoscope] output

  • From: "Sven Neumann" <seven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 20:43:34 -0800

dear all,

a few days ago i came across your the chaoscope website and i started
playing around with the software a bit.
the results you can achieve with chaoscope are truely amazing.
I have to admit, I haven't dealt with fractal software too much before,
often times they seemed to be a bit too clumsy and the images were a bit too
"mandelbrot" for my taste
but the fun stuff that you get with chaoscope chains me to my desk for
hours... the program seems really well done. It runs very smoothly
[which wasn't the case with my former experiences.] and the results of the
solid render option are awesome.
As a designer/architect I wish I could just take the results and 3D
print/rapid prototype each and every single one of them.
And here comes the question i'd like to ask: Is there actually a way to
export those structures out as 3D data?
Pointclouds, meshes, polygons, it doesn't really matter...
i would highly appreciate if there is a way or a work around to get these
formations into the real world...

thanks to everybody who contributes to making this software possible,

best regards,
sven