[chaoscope] Re: error message

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:21:13 +0000

Hi Gerson, hello all,

the "sqrt: DOMAIN error" is currently being investigated. I've sent new binaries to François and he also spotted it. I usually don't use the search on Julias because you'll get an attractor whatever you set the parameters to. That's why this bug has slipped through the net.

The second message is due to bad compiling options, most floating point exceptions are handled by the program but I forgot to tell the compiler it was so.

Now about the monthly contest: Three contestants (including you, Gerson) haven't made it this time because I was away when you submitted your pictures. Ideally, you should submit your pictures as early as possible. I'll change the contest rules for february to give myself a day to work on the contest page before the voting period starts and when the winner is declared.

Nicolas Desprez