[chaoscope] beta

  • From: "Jim Hauser" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:16:07 -0500

Hi Nicolas,

Except for issue 63 I have not found any new problems with beta .4. My
efforts involved running Chaoscope with various combinations of
programs/TSRs running in the background. Chaoscope seems oblivious to these
other programs except for possible variations in performance (CPU usage,
memory usage etc.)

On this machine, 256 Megs of single channel 64 bit memory just simply does
not seem to be enough to run Chasocope with any level of performance. 512
gives acceptable results with single channel or dual channel 128 bit memory
configuration.

My default configuration is 1.5 Gigs of single channel memory. Nothing
critical to report in this area, perhaps just some useful tips in a "read
me" file. (I wish I had my old Dragon, 3 Gigs memory and an Athlon 64 cpu
with two dedicated graphics cards..) maybe this summer :-)

A few .4 images have been showing up at Inner Travler (Big H) but nobody has
really noticed. I think it will be simpler for me to keep my original word
to you and not post beta images regardles or your recent policy change.
Folks might start asking too many questions and I don't want to reveal my
beta tester status. :-0

Cheers,

Jim