[chaoscope] Re: a feature request

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:48:10 +0100

Hi Miguel,

How about export to VIVID raytrace format ? I think it's the simplest,
and the picture quality is stunning. It's command-line-based, so what ?
I still use it and it's wonderful. Several pictures on my site were made
with VIVID, which adapts very well to build raytraced fractals.

It's been years since I've used Vivid and it was on Amiga. POV-Ray is still alive and well, version 3.6 has just been released. Vivid development has stopped, AFAIK.

Anyway, when I wrote "export to POV-Ray", I meant "export orbit coordinates to a text file", but I only experimented rendering with POV-Ray hence the mention in the feature list. I'll make sure exporting will be flexible enough so that you can use the output file with other graphic packages.

Nicolas Desprez