[chaoscope] View Point

  • From: anton lorenz <al_at_y@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:14:03 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I often save attractors that I like, but at a later stage when opening them I
cannot recall of
ever seeing them. Similarly from chaoscope.org website gallery and parameters I
cannot recreate
unravel_les_grands_fonds.csattr

I presume that has something to do with the view points.
Lets assume we open the program chaoscope and a new project and find our first
Strange Attractor

I presume as default we are looking at the X-Y plane i.e looking down the
Z-axis.

With the mouse we can change our viewpoint (clicking on image and draging), i.e
to some arbitarry
point and look at the strange attractot at any angle.

Now my questions:

1. Any way of recording the viewpoint so that I can generate the same view at a
later stage

2. Change Attractor type say from Lorenz to Sprott, what happens to the
viewpoint
 a) revert back to default
 b) stay at the arbitary point?

3. Open a second window or project, what happens to the viewpoint in the second
window
 a) or b) above

Just curious, I am sure later versions will tidy this up.

best regards
Anton