[chaoscope] Ver. 0.2.1 - Causing my System to Hang / Crash

  • From: anton lorenz <al_at_y@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 08:20:33 +0100 (BST)

Hi Nicolas,

I finally managed to  download V.0.2.1  on a PC with win 2000 operating system

and have had one system freeze, and a number of system hang ups (go-slows)

Operating System:  Windows 2000 with all the latest updates, processor P4, 3.0
Ghz,
hyperthreading.

Open Tasks: MS Outlook, MS internet Explorer, Explorer and Chaoscope

Choasscope work: Searching and rendering (plasma) Unravel Attractors

Symptoms: (i) Change Task to Outlook, no response in MS Outlook change to IE
very slow response
change to Chaoscope, close attractor window, system restores.
          (ii) change task to Outlook, complete task freeze, no windows would
update, managed to
shut down normally (Ctrl Alt  Del, Taskmanager, Shut down) after numerous error
windows "TASK XXX
not responding" and clicking the close option.

These symptons I have not had with Version 0.2.0 but then I did not use Unravel
that much before.
I will reload the old version and do some more tests.

best regards
Anton