[chaoscope] Re: Set Background Color

  • From: Axone Man <axoneman01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:38:41 +0200

Hi Buddy and everybody

Langston, Buddy a écrit :

Thanks, Is there a reason why the app does not support changing the background color in other modes?

- Buddy

You can change background color in Gas and Liquid mode too. It's defined by the very first color of the color map file. Of course you have to do it "by hand" using a text editor, editing directly the map file or the csproj file. For transparency, in solid mode you can export the opacity mask, it's in the same menu option than "save picture". You can save picture and if you click on the arrow near "Bitmap 24 bits (*.bmp), you'll find "opacity mask (*.bmp)" or something like that (I use french version). Use this useful feature it you plan to use Chaoscope pictures in a graphic editor with layer support.
For other modes I don't know why we can't change the background color, it's hard coded, only Nicholas could answer you ;-) But remember Chaoscope is "only" a V.0.3, so it will grow up to at least V 1.0. Not so bad for a so young baby no ;-)

Have FUN !!!
François
Axone Man