[chaoscope] Second roundup

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 20:44:07 +0000

Hi,

good to see the list is becoming self sufficient!

- I will agree to the subscribers answers to Matthias' suggestions. Let's keep F1 for help, and leave 2D fractal sets rendering to those who do it best.
- Import/Export to other 3D renderers has been discussed before, it's a feature that is requested very often by users, and it'll most likely be introduced in 0.4, providing Alan's spelling improves. :-)
- Jörg-Michael has got a valid point: The render disappearing when you click on the view (and switch it back to preview mode). Having the preview and the render happening in the same window is a key design feature and I want to keep it that way. However I need to find a way to give you a chance to view and save a render even after you've modified the attractor. Any ideas? What about a "View last render" menu item?
- There will be a very basic undo in 0.3: you'll be able to navigate through searches, back and forth.
- Ultra Fractal may be the king of fractal software, but like most kings it's very high maintenance. (i.e. you've got to pay for it) I don't mind other programs than Chaoscope being mentioned in the list, as long as it's relevant or mentioned by me. :-)

Nicolas Desprez