[chaoscope] Re: Program ongoing

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:22:29 +0100

Hi Maik,

my english istn´t so good, sorry for that.
How does the work on chaoscope goes on? Do you need help in bugreports or transation (german)? I havn´t done this yet but caoscope has immpressed me that much, so I decided to help a little.

First thing you can do is to subscribe to the mailing list. It is a closed list, posts sent by non-subscribers are moderated (by me) and yours was only accepted because you said nice things about Chaoscope. :-)

0.3 development hasn't started yet, I'll let everyone know when I'll need help with beta-testing. I advise you to take a look at the April archive when most of the beta-testing discussion took place, so you can get a clear idea of how it works. (chaotically)

To translate Chaoscope interface to German (or any other language), you will need Borland C++ Builder 4.0 (a standard resource DLL editor won't do). You don't need any specific tools to translate the manual, the only issue being I'm a control freak and I don't speak German at all.

Will there be a saving function for the "camera" view, color and so on?
Will it be able to render a much larger picture e.g. 4000 x 3000 pixel, without a very big preview? I mean if I try this now, I get an image where I can´t look at, in one pice.

These are the most requested features right now, they'll be implemented in the next version. I've just posted something on the subject. Another good reason to subscribe!

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez