[chaoscope] Re: New mailing-list dedicated to Chaoscope images

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:01:17 +0100

Hi Hans-Joachim,

I'm interested in the program and it's development because I'm deeply
involved with the images that can be generated by using the program. And
vice versa. So, although I can see your point concerning bandwidth and
storage space, I, personally, would very much prefer not to have two
separate mailing lists. But since you have already taken a decision and I
would hate to miss the images, please be so kind as to subscribe me to the
new list.

Will do!

Ideally, you'd want both activities to share the same mailing-list, but I had to make a compromise. Some people are just interested in development stuff, some others only look for new images. You still have the possibility to set a filter so that posts from both mailing lists land in the same sub-folder.

Speaking of development, I'm still working on the new preview, struggling a bit and going at slow space. It definitely improves the manual search. Shown below is a zoomed Pickover in preview, I think it's about 2.7 millions points altogether, with OpenGL anti-aliasing switched on.

Nicolas Desprez

JPEG image