[chaoscope] Re: Finding worthy attractors

  • From: "Franktal Gallery" <franktal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:36:17 +1200

I think it would be an interesting feature to be able to change this lower bound for fractal dimension, between proper limits (i.e. 1.2 to 2.5). I guess the current hardcoded value of 1.5 is empirically the best, but why limit ourselves ?

regards,
Miguel

If there's no attractor or if it doesn't qualified as chaotic (in our case, fractal dimension greater than 1.5 and positive Lyapunov exponent) then the parameters are randomized again, and the search process carries on until a strange attractor is found or the search is stopped by the user.