[chaoscope] Development Update: Windows Installer for CSP

  • From: Nicolas Desprez <freelists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:00:24 +0100

Hi all,

Thanks to Kay's help I found out why CSP wouldn't run on some machines: Visual Studio requires a DLL to be installed when OpenMP (generic C++ multithreading) is used. So despite my best efforts to make the application standalone there is still a need for third parties to be bundled!

I've created a setup with Visual Studio which includes the dependency. It's an MSI file you can find here:

http://www.chaoscope.org/download/csp_0_3_5_win32.msi

It's about 400KB. The version of the binaries is now 0.3.5.3 (for both files Leo! :)

Also Francois Axone Man found out the iterations increase to 64 bits was broken. I hope I got it right this time!

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez