[chaoscope] Re: Development Update

  • From: "Manu" <artissima@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:11:19 +0100

From: "Ian McKee" <photoian@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 5:36 AM

When I want to print an image the size is inavriably 900 Kb which is rather small. This prints an image 6.5" x 8.75" which is OK but I can see pixilization on some and I certainly can't print them any larger in Photoshop because the image degrades.
So, the file size is 900 Kb and for printing I'd like to get at least 10-15 Mb.
Any possibilities?

Greetings Ian!

Yes you can do larger renders of print-quality size.

I've just browsed through my files...
The largest found are 5000px x 7000px @ 100,1 Mb (.bmp)

When you open a fractal, there's this little square window,
where you can specify its dimensions *before* the actual
fractal (gray dot grid-type preview) appears on the screen.

It is a bit tricky then to adjust the fractal into the desired position,
as one is easily loosing orientation on such a large preview...

but this should be solved with the new release.
something to look forward to ;-)

hope this helped a little

Best wishes, Manu