[chaoscope] Chaoscope Forum

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:57:47 +0000

Hi Paul, John, (Ringo?), hello all,

I was hoping a subscriber or two would be forum savvy!

My choice was PHPBB because it's got the largest installed base AFAIK, thus easy-to-find support online. I'm not a big fan of forums. I only find them useful alongside Google, when I do a search on "Crysis SLI 8800 bug" for instance. :-)

As far as archiving goes I suppose one can set their account on PHPBB so that replies to a thread you've started are sent to you? Of course that means you don't have an archive of the whole forum.

Anyway I'll be looking into installing PHPBB very soon, there's no need to wait for 0.4 release. John, any newbies mistakes I should be aware of? :-)

What's the standard for software forums?

1) Announcement
2) User files
3) Suggestions
4) Support
5) Other software

Would that be good enough? (anyone can join this discussion!)

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez