[chaoscope] Re: Bug/Request

  • From: "Alan Tennant" <alan2here@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 14:26:50 +0000

Or by using a 16 byte (128 bit) unsigned integer value to store the max
iterations. Giving an iteration cap of:

340282367000000000000000000000000000000

2009/1/18 Kay Dekker <kaydekker@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> > I was rendering a solid object, and it was still grainy in some areas at
4000000000 iterations,
> > so i bumped up the number to 8000000000 and the number of iterations
seems to be capped at 4294967295
> > it will not go above this value... and at this current value my image is
noticably grainy like there is a whole > section that has not been done, and
it is kinda bugging me, and i was wondering if the number could be
> > increased...
>
> For the moment yes, there is a maximum number of iterations, and no, there
is currently no way around that.  There was some discussion about this
limitation on the list a year or so ago, and various ideas were floated,
such as running a render for a user-settable time, or running until
interrupted.