[chaoscope] Re: Beta & Developments

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 13:46:51 +0100

Hi William, hello all,

Hi all, I would like to be included in both mailing lists as well as added to the list of people to be beta testers.

Great! I've yet to contact Freelists about the second image-only mailing-list registration being declined. It may be that I've submitted it to the wrong category or that they believe the topic is too similar to this list.

I love this program, and am doing o lot of images with it. I do have a couple of small questions. First, what are the dimensions and filesize requirements to post an image to this list?

The post must not be bigger than 150,000 bytes. Considering Base64 encoding generates about 25% additional data, keeping your image size under 100Kb will guarantee your post approval.

The other question is what is the requirements to get images posted to the "Users Gallery" on the Chaoscope website?

- Send me or post a JPEG image along with the parameters
- Read the tutorials if you haven't already
- No post-processing allowed
- Attractors must be found manually : I've seen millions of them and I think I can tell if a user took the time to search for an attractor using the sliders. I'm not a huge fan of high degree Icons, standard "two lobes" Lorenz or Unravel "balls" to name a few. Basically, I want to have on the gallery something beautiful I haven't seen done before.

I'm thinking about starting a monthly image contest in September. The winner's picture would be featured on a separate page of the web site. One image submitted per contestant, following the gallery submission rules. Does it seem fair?

About the preview enhancements :

Here's a sample of the Solid preview, remarks made about Colored preview are relevant to the Solid preview (i.e. 200,000 points, 4x AA, animated in real-time).

Nicolas Desprez

P.S. : William was one of the first Chaoscope users to submit his images to Renderosity.

JPEG image