[chaoscope] Re: Beta .2 New Bug

  • From: Axone Man <axoneman01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 04:55:05 +0200

Hello again

I can't figure it's a bad thing we can slide out of the limits. I even believe it's an excellent thing.
In the case you present, what happens? Just a "no attractor title" (see screenshot), not an application error.
In many cases, it's very interesting to go over the limits of the sliders because these values are just arbitrary fixed.
In worse cases, you just have no attractor to display but in other cases you have wonderfull and unusual pictures to discover :-)
You can enter any values by just typing them, not only waiting the scrollbar. Your mouse and finger will appreciate ;-)
If values you enter are not valid at all, they will be "reset" when you'll hit ENTER.
Try (even very) high or low values for one parameter and try to move the other sliders to see what happens, the more you risk is pleasure. Of course, with values out of them bounded by sliders, the random research can be sometimes a bit hard ;-). I think the random plage is the sliders plage.
Yeah, 12 instances !! I suspect you have a pentium 8 :-) Lucky man !

Have FUN !!! (with off-limits...) :-)
François
Axone Man

The Neumanns a écrit :

Hey all:

Here's my bug for the night (found while testing Gerson's report - which coincidentally going into a loop at any value 62 or less for the Randomness and <0,0,0> for the params (Poly-A) on my machine!) Anyways...

Check out the screencap >> I don;t believe negative values are permissible but here's how to get them...

Place your cursor in the focus area for any one of the sliders until you get the 3 black arrows (either direction will do.) Now click the mouse button and quickly drag in the direction trhe arrows are pointing (preferably way off the palette). If you do it in a quick, clean movement the slider will continue moving on it's own, incrementing or decrementing the values until you stop it by mousing over the area continaing the sliders.(I let mine run for awhile.)

Now I'm not saying any other idiot is going to do what I did, but you never know!

BTW, I ran 12 instances of Chaoscope simultaneously with different attractors / rendering methods and had them all rendering simultaneously and it went off without a hitch.

Have fun,
Jim

JPEG image