[chaoscope] Re: Beta .2 Issues

  • From: "James Skemp" <jamesrskemp@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Chaoscope list" <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 21:15:53 -0500

If I may comment regarding one thing...

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 13:20:06 +0100, "Chaoscope"
<chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> You can tell the render is finished when :
> - View window title bar says "(render)" instead of "(rendering)".
> - Attractor and view palettes are enabled.
> - Status bar gives you the total rendering time.
>
> Then again, it might be not enough visual clues. Francois has been
> asking about a dialog box popping up when render is finished.

 I'd prefer an option regarding this.  Quite a few render-programs do
 _not_ use a pop-up to show that a render has completed.  The main reason
 (from what I can tell)? - to allow batch rendering...  If that's in the
 future, then stopping further program activity until the user dismisses
 the 'render is complete' alert isn't too hot of an idea, one would
 think...

~James
--
  James Skemp