[chaoscope] Re: Beta .2

  • From: "James Skemp" <jamesrskemp@xxxxxx>
  • To: "Chaoscope list" <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 12:30:05 -0500

All,

> Using a scrollbar in an interface for the user to define a value is
> total evil.

 I have to disagree... ;)  I'll just say 'Terragen' and leave it at that.
  To each their own ;) :D  By the way, thanks for explaining the
 differences between the various objects - a little bit of knowledge
 never did harm to anyone (well, it doesn't harm people in ordinary
 circumstances ;) )

> Interface related : a check box next to each properties. If all of them
> are unchecked, it's up to the user to stop the rendering.

 And one will be checked by default?  (For new users this may be a good
 idea - see below for where I'm coming from - as I wrote that before I
 wrote this ;) )

> Imagine if it was a pop-up, you could get a message like :

 LOL, yeah, that's a bit much...  I was thinking more like: "One of your
 criteria has been met - would you like to continue until the next
 criteria?"  I'm thinking this is going to be an advanced feature -
 meaning one that new users won't be using until they've learned other
 aspects first.  As such, most people are going to use settings they
 typically use, and won't need a run-down of all that's left until it's
 finally done...

> Okay, we'll have three radio buttons for the script-maker animation
> type :
> - Rotisserie      (X axis)
> - Microwave       (Y axis)
> - Washing machine (Z axis)

 That's the word I was looking for ;)  Radio buttons though?  [Uh-oh ;)]
 So no multi-directional rotation? ;) [Thanks for putting up with me :D
 ;)]

~James
--
  James Skemp