[chaoscope] Beta .2

  • From: The Neumanns <neumann3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:56:48 -0400

Nicolas,

Looks very good so far. Seems very stable even when upping the priority for
a little extra performance. I do see one minor GUI glitch... in the view
dialog, the Scale, Gamma, and Brightness sliders are cutting off the end of
their respective editboxes.

One Suggestion: The default iteration value appears to be for an
unmagnified image. Once you zoom in, the iterative value should increase to
achieve a proportional gain in detail. I know this increases the render
time, but how about "allowing" the Iterations to be proportional to the
magnification ? I ran a test at  20 million, 40 mil, and 160 mil and the
160 definitely showed an increase in deep detail. Just a thought.

BTW, (as James can attest from the Apophysis list, I'm always good for
suggesting things! 8^)

Have a good one,
Jim