[chaoscope] Re: Axone man, about those first two images...

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 01:29:23 +0100

Hi François, hello all,

Nicolas, my graphic card is a Radeon 9800 Pro Catalyst v. 04.2
I will download the new drivers and have new tests, ouch 26 Mo...
Do you know a diagnostic program for Open Gl like dxdiag for Direct X? Could it be a problem of Open Gl drivers? I go to the web to see what's new on this topic. If it's a old driver "feature", I hope few people have this version cause I doubt everybody downloads 26 Mo just to see a preview... Of course I'm ready to do it but I know too "Mr Lambda" who just receives his computer without any knowledge ;-)

I have to keep in mind you've got a 56Kbits connection. :-)

I've tried a preview with GL_COLOR_SUM_EXT or GL_SECONDARY_COLOR_ARRAY_EXT disabled and all I get is a completely black image (as predicted) unlike your screenshot. I'd be really surprised if it was an issue with the Catalyst drivers, 4.2 should be recent enough.

There are no OpenGL diagnostic tool as in-depth as DXDiag, the only way you can tell your card manufacturer OpenGL support is flawless is to run mainstream games that use OpenGL and look for artefacts.

Chaoscope exploits very basic OpenGL features, one reason being I want the preview to work on a majority of configurations. Another one is I've fallen behind the evolution of this fantastic graphic library. :-)

Am I alone to have this problem? Hey, testers, where are you? :-))

Yes, where are they? :-) Has anybody got the same glitch?

Nicolas Desprez