[channelf] Re: Channel F repair...

  • From: "Sean Riddle" <seanriddle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <channelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:15:50 -0600

Steve-

        With no cart inserted, turn the console on, wait a few moments, then
press 1, wait 2 seconds, then press 4.  That should start a game of =
Hockey,
and you should hear the ball hitting the paddles, about 1 beep a second.

        Is this a System I or System II?  System I has a built-in speaker,
but System II sent the audio to the TV, so you won't hear anything until =
you
replace the video cable.

        Note that this is not "video out", but modulated RF on channel 3.
So the cable from the Channel F has to connect to an antenna input to =
your
TV.

        I'm not sure exactly what the LED indicates (the System I schematics
say "space boost" - I think it's something to do with the video), but it =
is
generally on.  I don't have my System I taken apart right now to verify =
that
it's on before you choose a game.

        I think you want to get the video cable fixed first to see what if
any display you get.  There are some socketed chips on the board that =
may
have worked their way loose.  Just be extremely careful if you choose to
reseat them: just about the only way to replace them if you bust a pin =
is to
buy another Channel F.

Sean