[channelf] Channel F repair...

  • From: Steve Rusin <srusin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: channelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 13:31:38 -0500

Sorry if this message is out of scope for this board.  I just bought a
Channel F system and it isn't working.  It seems to be getting power from
the transformer, but nothing seems to happen.  The video out cable is cut,
so I don't have it hooked up to a TV.  I'm trying to figure out if it's
working or not, and thought maybe somebody could offer some
insight.  There's a red LED on the main board that does not light up, and
no sound comes from the speaker.  Is there a sequence of buttons I can
press to start a game and get some sound from the speaker without having
video?

If anyone has some troubleshooting steps, I'd love to give them a
shot.  I'm going to try to repair the video cable in the meantime.

Thanks,
STeve

-------------------------------
Stephen Rusin