[channel13workers] Glen Helen October Events

  • From: "Cindy Steffen" <csteffen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: artbynaturecindy@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:55:35 -0400

For Immediate Release:
October Events in Glen Helen

Glen Helen
Nature Story Hour
Pre-schoolers discover the natural world through storytelling.
Wednesday, October 4 at 1:00 pm
Trailside Museum, 505 Corry St, Yellow Springs

Glen Helen
Full Moon Hike
Bring friends and flashlights for some night-time fun on the trails
Thursday, October 5 at 7:00 pm
St. Rt. 343 Parking Lot at OEC entrance, Yellow Springs
Glen Guide: Edwin Lainhart

Glen Helen
Edible Plants & Mushrooms Hike
Learn about which fall plants have medicinal uses.
Sunday, October 8 at 4:00 pm
Trailside Museum, 505 Corry St, Yellow Springs
Glen Guide: Dave Jansen

Glen Helen
Columbus Day Explorer Hike
What was here when Columbus landed in America? Search, Investigate and
Discover a whole new world in nature.
Monday, October 9 at 2:00 pm
Trailside Museum, 505 Corry St, Yellow Springs
Glen Guide: Ruth Lapp

Glen Helen
Saturday Reptile Feedings
Come learn about snakes & turtles as we feed our resident reptiles.
October 14 & 28 at 11:00 am
Trailside Museum, 505 Corry St, Yellow Springs

Glen Helen
Street Fair/Trail Flair Hike
Take a break from shopping and see what the trails have to offer!
Saturday, October 14 at 12:00 pm
Trailside Museum, 505 Corry St, Yellow Springs
Glen Guide: Cindy Steffen

Glen Helen
Raptor Center Open House
Tour the Center and meet the staff and our education birds.
Sunday, October 15 from 2-4 pm
Raptor Center, St. Rt. 343 OEC Entrance, Yellow Springs

Glen Helen
Art in the Atrium
Richard Baumer
October 16 ? November 12
Glen Helen Building, 405 Corry St, Yellow Springs

Glen Helen
GHA Bird Seed Sale
Prepare for winter birdwatching at this annual Glen Helen Association
fundraiser.
Saturday, October 21 from 9:30 am ? 4:30 pm
Glen Helen Building, 405 Corry St. Yellow Springs

Glen Helen
Fall Scavenger Hunt Hike
A fun hike for parents and kids of any age!
Saturday, October 21 at 1:00 pm
Trailside Museum, 505 Corry St. Yellow Springs
Glen Guide: Jack Layh

Glen Helen
Nature & Poetry Hike
Bring your favorite nature poem to share at scenic stops along the trail.
Sunday, October 22 at 2:00 pm
Jacoby Rd Canoe Launch off Clifton Rd.
Glen Guide: Deborah Dillon

Glen Helen Lecture Series
Director, Nick Boutis, updates the local community on progress at Glen
Helen Nature Preserve.
Wednesday, October 25 at 7 pm
Glen Helen Building, 405 Corry St, Yellow Springs

Glen Helen
Farewell to Daylight Saving Time Hike
Savor the last days of early evening light during a stroll through the
woods.
Thursday, October 26 at 5:30 pm
Trailside Museum, 505 Corry St. Yellow Springs
Glen Guide: Nick Boutis

Glen Helen
Fall Colors Medallion Hike
Participants should be in good hiking condition for these 3-5 mile treks.
October 28 at 1:00 pm
Trailside Museum, 505 Corry St. Yellow Springs
Glen Guides: The Zimmermans

Cindy Steffen
Volunteer Coordinator
1-937-769-1907