[chai-t] October Minutes and November Meeting

  • From: "DAVEY, Peter" <Peter.DAVEY@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "chai-t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <chai-t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2015 22:51:24 +0000

Chai-Ters
At last Friday's we had another excellent presentation by Nadav this time
covering Microsoft Power Query. Many of us were aware of PQ but Nadav's
presentation really opened our eyes to the power of the product. It comes as
an add-in to Excel 2010/2013 so it should be easy to get started with it. The
thing that became clear from the presentation is that PQ doesn't save or alter
any data it's simply a tool that lets you build data processing scripts (using
the M language) and save them as a series of steps that can modified and
re-executed. It can handle a wide range of data sources. Thanks again Nadav.
I've included Nadav's e-mail above you'd like to contact him.

Thanks again Nadav, we really appreciate the time you put into these
presentations and your support of Chai-T.

The November meeting will be on Friday 27th November. At the moment the agenda
is:

1. Presentation by Adam from RCH on the architecture of Chicago and if he
has time on his visit to Madison Wisconsin for Epic training.
2. We'll have our discussion on WIES estimation - I'll do a short
presentation on the method we use at the Austin.

If anybody would like to present on stuff they're doing please let me know.

We'll also discuss arrangements for a Christmas get together.

Cheers
Peter Davey | Grand Pooh-Bah |Chai-T
(03) 9496 5854 | email.
peter.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:peter.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

This email contains confidential information intended
only for the person named above and may be subject to
legal privilege and confidentiality obligations imposed
by legislation or be subject to intellectual property
protection or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of this transmission
is prohibited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify us immediately by return email and delete the
original email and any attachments.
Austin Health provides no guarantee that this transmission
is free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or altered.