[chai-t] April meeting wrap-up

  • From: "Rose William" <William.Rose@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chai-t@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:53:06 +1000

Hi all,

Thanks to Chris, Jenny, Nick, Peter, Rajesh, Rose, Sweta and Tracey  for
making the trip over to Peter Mac on Friday afternoon.

It was good to hear where people were up to with ABF -- I always learn a
bit more each time I talk about it!

Thanks again to Chris and Peter for taking the time to talk to their
work plans. I'm glad to hear that VHIMS/Riskman is tricky from a
reporting perspective at other sites too.

It was good to hear a bit about QlikView from Peter & Jenny -- and Jenny
has kindly offered to demo their new reporting suites next month, hosted
at the Mercy on the 18th of May. Apparently they have a swish-o board
room and can even provide tea and coffee, so don't miss out!

A reminder of the upcoming calendar:

*       18th May - at the Mercy
*       15th June
*       20th July -- the post-ABF-stress-disorder group
*       17th August
*       21st September
*       19th October
*       16th November
*       21st December

From a CHADx perspective, it seems it's on the radar, but on the
nice-to-have list only, given the current focus on other funding reform
and infrastructure type issues. Peter says Ray from Austin has started
on a SQL based one, and I'm continuing to work on a standalone grouper
that I can run in my daily batch. I will keep you posted!

From a mailing list perspective, if receiving a copy of the emails you
send is undesirable, you can switch it off in the mailing list settings
(Chris M - I've done this for you). Browse to
//www.freelists.org/list/chai-t, choose Log in directly to this
list, enter your email address and password, click the Change Settings
button, then uncheck ECHOPOST and click Update your account. If you
don't have a password, just leave the field blank when you log in, and
it will email you a new one.

After reflecting on the discussion, I'm going to keep the archives
searchable for now - I think the benefits to list members and newcomers
who can look through the history of discussions outweighs the spam
potential. As shown on Friday, the email obfuscation applied by
freelists also covers email addresses in signatures (though not phone
numbers), and I think this helps keep it relatively benign. Feel free to
contact me off-list if keeping searchable archives makes you disinclined
to participate.

Kind regards,

William Rose
Business Intelligence Manager
Information Management

+61 3 9656 5231   |   Level 8, St Andrews Place, East Melbourne VIC 3002