[chadfree] Re: Trying to fix a pc

  • From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 18:56:18 -0400

Mac-

Open case, pull everything out.  That is, remove any add in cards,
disconnect the ribbon cables at the motherboard, unplug any peripherals
and remove all memory and then replace one DIMM only, Vasyli.  Also,
unplug the Molex (power) connectors from the harddrives and the CD's.
Plug in the keyboard, connect the monitor (you have to leave the video
card in) and the power cord.  Now try to power up.  If it works, connect
the floppy drive ribbon cable and power and try again.  If it powers up,
run a diagnostic and see what the results are.

Tom

chadfree-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx