[chadfree] Re[4]: Yahooey Ross DSL

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 17:08:12 -0800

Hi Ross,
It seems sometimes that everything is going wrong.

I spent 7 hrs yesterday afternoon helping one of the 82 year old ladies here
in the complex get set up with cable DSL.
She had Windows 98 and I had to upgrade her to Win 98SE and all the critical
updates.
then download install and update the Firewall/AV/Spam-filtering they
provided.

A good package from F-Secure for $5 a month.

MtM
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 12/23/2004 at 7:50 PM Ross Johnson wrote:

Setting up the DSL was a pain in the, well it was a pain. Every thing from
waiting in for UPS and them not coming with the startup kit when they were
supposed to, to having to rewire the telephone system in this old house so
the phone filters would work. The start up CD would not work on my computer
so I had to get help from Verizon. We set it up so the tech could use my
mouse and keyboard on line and that speeded things up. It was worth it just
for the speed now everything is instantaneous.
Ross