[chadfree] Problem accessing a drive on my computer

  • From: "Surfinmac" <surfinmac2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Chadfree" <chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"CHAD" <Computer_Help_and_Discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:40:30 -0500

I have a problem accessing a drive on my computer.
Background info:
I have two 40 gig drives and both have 4 partitions.
All drives except one open just fine when I click on them in Windows Explorer
(My Computer)
The problem drive does this:
When I click on it, a dialog box opens with this:
Windows cannot find foobar.index.htm.

This program is needed for opening files of this type file. (This sounds weird
in itself)
Type in the executable file to be used instead.
C:\
Three buttons, OK, Cancel Browse.

When I right click the drive I can open it by clicking Open.

Now the solution.

There is a file I created to use when making CDs to autorun. (See where I'm
going?)
It is a file named Autorun.inf
This is in the file:
[autorun]
open=foobar.index.htm

I renamed the file, still didn't work.

Deleted the file, still didn't work.

Rebooted. Everything works!

If my son hadn't looked at this, I would still be trying to figure it out!

(Handy to have a Computer Science Engineer in the family)

Mac (Martha)
Martha's Web
http://www.marthas-web.com

chadfree-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx