[chadfree] Photo program question

  • From: "Peggy" <peggy1155@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:48:58 -0400

I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I have a gazillion photo
programs - some I'm just trying out, some I have.  What I want to be able to
do is cut around an object in a picture and delete the background.  I have
Infanview and that lets me do that but what it does is replace the
background with a white background.  I want the whole background to
disappear.

I have a trial of Photo Shop Pro and I can do it with that too, but it gives
me grey and white checks where the background used to be.  I also have
ArcSoft Photo Impression, and Microsoft Photo Editor.  Last night I
installed and uninstalled at least ten different photo editors (freeware or
shareware).  Included in that list was: Oriens Enhancer Gold; Serif 3D plus;
VCW VicMan's Photo Editor; Image Analyzer; Image Forge; Image Enhance - and
a few more that I don't remember.

Now, it seems to me that this should be a simple thing to do and I'm just
too stupid to figure it out.  So if anybody can help me with this, I would
be more than thrilled!!

Thank you!

Peggy

---