[chadfree] Re: Mails way out of order...

  • From: -{ Rene Brehmer }- <metalbunny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, <chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:32:05 +0100

Eudora is slightly more clumsy when it comes to sorting ... But it's only a
matter of 1 click to sort them by subject ... That wasn't my problem ...
it's more that getting the replies before what's being replied to is pretty
annoying ...

I'd use Agent, which can sort by thread perfectly, and properly mark new
messages, whereas in Eudora I sometimes have to change the sorting to find
the remaining unread, but it doesn't support HTML natively, so a good bunch
of the mail I receive would require me to load it into the browser.... I'm
still pondering whether to just accept that fact and stick with Agent ...

I originally started using Agent for mail as well besides the news to only
have to use 1 program. But at one point I had to use multiple identities
because of how I used to handle spam, and the old Agent just didn't allow
that. Then I was on a mail-list for a while that continously used alot of
HTML mail ... which was just easier with Eudora ... but time's passed, and
I my need for easy HTML viewing is basically gone, because I've upgraded my
mail server I no longer need multiple identities to handle the spam ... And
since I've just recently (within the past week or two) gotten the latest
Agent version, which I've actually paid for, I'm very close at just going
back to that ....

Rene

--
Rene Brehmer
aka Metalbunny

~ If you don't like what I have to say ... don't read it ~

http://metalbunny.net/
References, tools, and other useful stuff...
Check out the new Metalbunny forums @ http://forums.metalbunny.net/

chadfree-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx