[chadfree] I'll try this here first.

  • From: "Robert Edwards Jr" <Super_Salesman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chadfree@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 03:08:16 -0500

So as to help test freelist I will post this question here as it is not life or
death LOL.  I have several programs running on my computer to help keep the
spyware out.  I'm currently using Winpatrol, Spybot, Adaware, Spywareguard,
Spyware blaster, and Pest Patrol.  Since running this combination the only
spyware I ever find on my computer is the occasional tracking cookie which I
usually delete or put in the ignore list.  The problem is with my Google
cookies.  I like to keep my settings on Google to open results in a new window
and here recently something has been deleting my Google cookies.  Annoying
because I won't notice it until after I've already closed the only open IE
window and then I'm sitting there using some very choice words.  I've been able
to rule out adaware because I don't have it set up to automatically scan and
run all my scans with it manually.  I know it's not PestPatrol or WinPatrol
because I've checked all my settings there.  I also don't belive that Spybots
immunize feature is to blame because it would block it in the first place.  I
think spywaregaurd or spywareblaster is killing my Google cookies.  I don't
care if they do track me I want my Google cookies back.  They couldn't track me
very far anyhow LOL.  Anyone else here using either of these products
experiencing this problem or know of anything else that could be causing the
problem?  By the way, I'm using OE 6 and have yet to have any problems here on
freelists.  TIA
Robert

chadfree-moderators@xxxxxxxxxxxxx