[cgo-publicity] Reminder: CGO 2013 Student Research Competition deadline approaching

  • From: Huimin Cui <huimin.cui@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: publicity@xxxxxxxxxx, cgo-publicity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, micro_publicity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 15:23:09 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

[Apologize for any duplicated posts].

CGO 2013 Student Research Competition deadline is approaching.

Abstracts submission: November 23rd, 2012

We are happy to announce that CGO 2013 will host the Student Research
Competition (SRC), sponsored by Microsoft Research. The SRC is a
unique opportunity for students to present their original research at
CGO before the Judging Committee and the conference attendees.
Students accepted to participate in the SRC will be entitled to
receive a travel grant (up to $500) to help them cover the travel
expenses. The decision on whether a student has been accepted to
participate in the SRC will be made by the Selection Committee. We
plan to hold the competition in two categories, undergraduate and
graduate, but a category can be eliminated in case of an insufficient
number of submissions.

The SRC at CGO 2013 will consist of two rounds:

The poster session & The presentation session

Important Dates:
Abstracts submission: November 23rd, 2012
Notification to Authors: December 14th, 2012

For more information, please visit our website:

http://www.cgo.org/cgo2013/submission/acm-student-research-competition-src/index.html

Thanks!