[cetfosscell] Gcompris

  • From: Kevin Martin <youcancallmekevin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cetfosscell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 15:02:16 +0530

Since we have received many applications to Gcompris, and since the project
can accommodate lots of people, why don't we put an entry task? Instead of
selecting every applicant, we will select those who can submit a hello
world program in qt. It is not a test to check programming skills but
rather to find those who are really motivated. A lot of them haven't joined
the mailing list yet, despite the instructions being clear. If they did not
bother to read the FAQ, I doubt if they will read necessary documentation.

Nevertheless, I propose that we ask them to write a simple application
which prints "hello world" when the user clicks a button. Let them post it
here at the mailing list. If they take the trouble to do that, then it can
be safely assumed that they are really interested.

What do you think?