[cetfosscell] GSoC 2015 : Start early

  • From: Kevin Martin <youcancallmekevin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cetfosscell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cetfosscell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 10:52:20 +0530

Hi,

GSoC 2015 is a looooong way off. But it wouldn't hurt to start preparing
today (yes, I'm looking at you, second years :p ). We will conduct a larger
orientation/discussion later into the semester. For now, those that can't
wait to get started go through this list[1]. And make sure you read last
year's FAQ [2]. Some detailed explanations on how to prepare/conduct
yourselves during the whole process is given here[3].

Make sure that when google starts inviting applications from organizations
somewhere around Jan-Feb, you already have a favourite organization in your
mind.

All the best!

Kevin Martin Jose.

[1] https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/list/public/google/gsoc2014
[2]
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/help_page
[3] en.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/