[cetfosscell] Re: Farewell

  • From: Arun M <arun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cetfosscell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 21:55:56 +0530

Hi Kevin,

All efforts wont succeed, but i can see your initiative fueling new ones.
It is more important than ones own initiative succeeding

regards
arun

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 11:34 AM, Kevin Martin
<youcancallmekevin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

As most of you are well aware, the current final years will be leaving the
campus in the coming days. Needless to say, it is now up to the current
third years and second years to continue engaging students in technical
activities. You people have been doing a wonderful, spectacular job so far
and I have good reason to believe that you will continue to do so.

We had big plans when we started out and sadly most of them failed outright.
I hope everyone remembers the 'CET summer of code' which had cool posters
and much bravado but sort of failed to keep the momentum going. But we did
have small git workshops and web development sessions where we learned a
little and did something together. We were not able to do as much FOSS
activities as we had hoped but our second year students created history by
coming off really good at an international girls hackathon. We had ups and
downs, busy weeks and periods where literally nothing happened. But we
definitely tried and you guys can do better than us. Hint : learn from your
seniors' mistakes :p

Just remember that its okay to screw up sometimes, and its more about the
journey rather than the destination :)

Wishing you all the best,

Kevin Martin Jose.