[cetfosscell] Farewell

  • From: Kevin Martin <youcancallmekevin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cetfosscell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cetfosscell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 11:34:05 +0530

Hi,

As most of you are well aware, the current final years will be leaving the
campus in the coming days. Needless to say, it is now up to the current
third years and second years to continue engaging students in technical
activities. You people have been doing a wonderful, spectacular job so far
and I have good reason to believe that you will continue to do so.

We had big plans when we started out and sadly most of them failed
outright. I hope everyone remembers the 'CET summer of code' which had cool
posters and much bravado but sort of failed to keep the momentum going. But
we did have small git workshops and web development sessions where we
learned a little and did something together. We were not able to do as much
FOSS activities as we had hoped but our second year students created
history by coming off really good at an international girls hackathon. We
had ups and downs, busy weeks and periods where literally nothing happened.
But we definitely tried and you guys can do better than us. Hint : learn
from your seniors' mistakes :p

Just remember that its okay to screw up sometimes, and its more about the
journey rather than the destination :)

Wishing you all the best,

Kevin Martin Jose.