[centerville_pta] PTA Announcement

  • From: Centerville PTA Secretary <tina.marcel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: centerville_pta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 08:58:45 -0500

Get Creative and Earn A+ BonusBucks for CES!

Many of our CES parents are contributing to our success every time they shop at Giant and use their registered Bonus Card.  Now, our CES students have a chance to contribute as well!

GIANT is calling all "budding artists" in grades K through 5 to submit an original artwork showing how Centerville Elementary could use the funds raised from the BonusBucks program!!! Entries can be created with pencils, crayons, markers or paint  - let the artists choose. All entries from participating schools will be reviewed and five finalists from grades K-2 and five finalists from grades 3-5 will be selected.  Maybe one of OUR students will be a finalist!

How to Enter: Depict a drawing/painting of how CES could use the A+ BonusBucks we’ve earned.
Some ideas of the things we could do with the money are: shade for the playground, supplies for classrooms, a Spring Festival, special assemblies or enrichment activities, benches, books for our library, school equipment or anything else you would like to see the kids have access to here at school.

Print the child's first name, and Centerville’s address and phone number (3601 Carriage Hill Drive, Frederick, MD  21704; 240-566-0100) and teacher/grade level on the back of your entry. Entry must be on an 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper, no photographs.

The PTA will mail all entries received at school by Feb. 13 at 11 a.m., or you can mail your entries directly to:

"A+ BonusBucks Art Contest"

    c/o Crane Communications, Inc.

 111 Presidential Blvd., Ste. 252

 Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004.

All entries sent individually must be postmarked by 12 midnight February 15, 2008.

Finalists and Winners will be posted on the web March 2nd. One (1) Grand Prize winner from K-2 group and one (1) winner from 3-5 group will receive a $100 Savings Bond, a "Classroom Party" ($100 GIANT Gift Card to purchase party food and supplies), PLUS 2500 A+ BonusBucks Points for their school. Each of the remaining eight (8) Finalists' school will receive 1,000 A+ BonusBucks Points for their school.

Okay, Centerville – let’s see those creative stars SHINE!