[Census] Re: moving a census data base

  • From: "Justin Wilkins" <justinwil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: census@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 00:54:38 +0100

Hi Lars (and all),

This is an interesting one. In order to change paths globally throughout a
project, one would need to be sure that the underlying files are
consistently located, all present and unchanged since the last time they
were inspected. One approach would be to collect CRCs for all input and
output files and use them for comparison - shouldn't be too hard.
(Census.ini stores basic path information, but each run has its file paths
individually and fully registered in the project database.) I guess the
primary use of this functionality would be to be able to put Census
databases along with the associated NONMEM input and output on things like
DVDs, and have everything still work, right?

So I can have an idea of where to put this in my list of Things To Add, how
many of you (apart from Lars) would find this useful?

If anyone else has suggestions for features that are still missing from
Census, please feel free to chime in. Bug reports are, as always, welcome.

On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Lars Lindbom <lindbom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All and Happy New Year!
> I don't know if anyone else have requested it, but the top score on my
> census wish list is to make it possible to move an existing census project
> to a new directory (or drive, etc). This is critical to be able to
> efficiently share the project with other people. Right now, it is possible
> to view the project overview (which is great) but you can't drill down and
> look at the actual files or worse, you cannot access them using Xpose
> (through the menu system in census). In my naïve world, it should be easy
> for census to look in the census.ini file for the path to the files...
> cheers,
> Lars Lindbom

Justin Wilkins
Colmarerstrasse 31