[Census] Re: Samba server problem

  • From: Justin Wilkins <justinwil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: census@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:46:48 +0100

Dear Jacob,

This is probably not a Samba error (I hope). We use mapped Samba drives as well, with no issues so far. One thing you could try is to close Census, make sure the drive is still connected, restart, and try to re-open without using the "recent files" context menu.

This error can occasionally happen if the network link to the place where Census stores it's database files is lost.

Best
Justin

Justin Wilkins
-----------------------------
Colmarerstrasse 31
4055 Basel
Switzerland
-----------------------------
justinwil@xxxxxxxxx
+41 76 561 0949
-----------------------------
Sent from a mobile device

On Dec 12, 2008, at 13:05, "Brogren, Jacob" <Jacob.Brogren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Hi,

This might not be a Census problem, but maybe someone knows how to deal with it?

Due to some technical issue (don't ask me why; I can't even change a light bulb) we are now connecting to our Unix cluster via a Samba server (don't ask me why; I can't even start the lawnmower). Suddenly Census see this as a problem and returns "Unable to open this database due to an unknown error" (Oh, that one!). What can I do (besides call the helpful Helpdesk)?

You don't miss the cow until the box is emty (swedish proverb). I realized that Census run record is very valuable to keep the model building on track.

/Jacob

Jacob Brogren MSc Pharm
Senior Research Scientist
Pharmacometrics