[celestialprime] Happy Thanksgiving!

  • From: "Colin Merritt" <diplomatic.incident@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: starsheephood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, aurora1116@xxxxxxxxx, n41longday@xxxxxxx, celestialprimealliance@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:21:57 -0500

You're probably aware of the history of Thanksgiving.  If not, here's a good
article if you can live with annoying hyperlinks.

http://wilstar.com/holidays/thankstr.htm

Note however that the idea of Thanksgiving doesn't really begin in 1620, nor
does it insist on a specific faith (though the Pilgrims would probably
disagree with the latter.)

This is, simply put, a celebration of life itself.  It acknowledges life can
be tragic, unfair, and even downright hostile ... but if one is willing to
look hard enough, there's always something worth celebrating and being
thankful for.  God/Allah/Mother Earth/The spirits/The universe has not
turned their back on you, and there's reason to keep going and hope.

I'm thankful for my family and friends, who've been with me through an
amazing (unlikely) journey over the past thirty-six years.

I have a roof, and I have enough food.  Anything after that is secondary.
I'm thankful for those as well.

I'm still alive.  My mind works well enough, and I'm reasonably healthy.
More reasons to celebrate.

Astronomers believe our sun, and therefore Earth, has five billion years
worth of life left.  That sounds like plenty of time left on the clock.

And so, I say Happy Thanksgiving my friends.  Go have dinner, watch
football, bloat yourself into oblivion then go to sleep.  Friday will be a
new day, bright with possibility.